Portraits by Leonardo
The Portait of Lisa Gherardini, wife of Francesco del Giocondo, known as the Mona Lisa (or La Joconde in French) represents the culmination of the career of an artist who painted portraits from his youth onward.
- Ginevra de’ Benci (1474–1478)
- Portrait of a Musician (c. 1490)
- Presumed portrait of Cecilia Gallerani, known as The Lady with an Ermine (c. 1490)
- Portrait of a Lady from the Court of Milan, wrongly known as La Belle Ferronnière (c. 1495–1499)
- Portrait of Isabella d’Este (c. 1500)