The open palm of the hand found in 1950 and a fragment of the upper arm in the reserve collection indicate that the right arm was reaching forward in a gesture of greeting.
Other fragments suggest that the right wing was raised higher than the left wing.
The precise position of the left arm is unknown, but it was probably not raised. The head was looking straight ahead or slightly turned to the left.
The goddess is alighting on the ship’s deck, with her right foot already touching it and her left foot still in the air.
With a clearer picture of the goddess’s pose, and the from of the prow and her precise position on the base determined, a complete reconstruction of the monument is now possible.